Friday, May 17, 2013

RESPECT

Respect 

Today, I was travelling in the metro train and as usual it was crowded. Though i boarded it just after two stations from the start of the train but i could not get a seat. I had my earphones plugged and was listening to music. I saw two guys looking fairly new to Delhi who had a good luck that they got seats but as soon as they saw a lady standing they left their seats and offered it to the lady.

So, I thought wow!! This is great. They are new to Delhi that is the reason they offered the seats. But later i realized  that yes they were indeed new but they were nurtured in such manner by  their elders to offer the seat to the ladies. Truly respectful. 

So, I update my Twitter and Facebook accounts with my status saying "Respect is what we are fighting for and expecting in some or other way all our lives." and got varied reactions. 

We do have commandment to respect the gray hair. Meaning to respect elderly. But do we respect. 
I have so many questions on my head rite now.

As a commandment we need to but is it easy to respect any person without knowing him.
One of the comments said you need to earn respect. But to respect anybody you dont need to know the person. Respecting anybody should come naturally.


Only thing which i think applies is just to Give Respect, you will Get Respect but Don't expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment